About Me

My photo
I'm Kyri. I'm a free spirited person.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

When one door closes, another opens.


“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one, which has been opened for us.”
- Helen Keller -


I'm a firm believe of this quote.We are so busy regretting the past, standing there thinking about what we could have done different, why this happened why that happened, who was at fault, and trying to blame others that we don't notice the doors that are open right in front of our face.The brand new opportunities  that lie right in front of us and we often ignore them because we're much too busy still staring at that one closed door. People are attached to what happened in the past and that's only natural in the human race.


I myself am trying to let go of the past. It's definantly a hard thing. I'm trying to take all the negative out to have more room for the positive. I have a daughter who's going to need someone to look up to and of course I want that person to be me. I want her to have a positive role model and to tell you the truth if I didn't have her I don't think I'd have the strength to look past the people who have hurt me, who are hurting me and who will hurt me. From now on I just want to look past the negative things in my past; forgive and forget. Start over. Work hard and find that one open door that's going to lead me to be successful not only in work but as a mother, a daughter, a sister, a wife, and everything else that I am.

4 comments:

  1. Way to be Kyri. Taking the high road is never easy, but it's always the most rewarding. Diggin' the blog! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how much this affects me right now Kyri! I'm in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mendy, I've never blogged before and it feels good to let it all out on paper....well in this case typing it on the computer lol

    Ashlie, I know thigns get hard but you're a strong girl!! Keep your head up high I love you :)

    ReplyDelete